Friday, June 07, 2013

What Do I Hope to Accomplish

Some Christians might say that some things shouldn't be discussed. Some Christians believe that depression is a sin. Some Christians think that someone with depression should just stop being depressed as though it were that simple.

The Prince of Preachers, Charles Spurgeon, suffered from depression. He also had one of the most significant ministries in the past couple of centuries. People who aren't plagued with clinical depression have little idea what it's like. That's the purpose of this blog - to chronicle the issues and though patterns that someone with depression goes through, particularly from a Christian perspective.

As far as it goes, one of the symptoms of depression is a feeling of worthlessness. In that vein, I have to say that I don't really expect anyone to care. I don't expect a blog like this to take off. The future evidence of a lack of people reading this blog will serve to demonstrate that this feeling is not entirely unfounded. As I will likely discuss in future posts, one admonition to depressed people is that such feelings of worthlessness aren't true. When that happens, I will gladly point out what I have here predicted and be vindicated in proving that I really am worthless. Does anyone want to prove me wrong?